“Experiences” Make Great Mother’s Day Gifts
May 11, 2018
This Mother’s Day go beyond flowers and greeting cards and give your mother an experience to remember instead. By planning a Mother’s Day event or activity you can bond as a family as you make memories together.
Great Experiences for Mother’s Day Gifts
- A day of relaxation. Moms experience a lot of stress, especially supermoms. Fortunately, a little pampering at a local health spa can help moms unwind and relax. Make it an all-day event, and splurge on a variety of treatments, like saunas, massages, facials, pedicures, and manicures. This is a great gift and your mom will appreciate the calm atmosphere.
- A tasty treat. Many Americans celebrate Mother’s Day with a family meal in a nice restaurant, but this year, why not kick it up a notch? Chocolate factory tours, high tea, and dessert tastings are great fun for moms who love sweets. For moms who prefer alcohol, wine tastings and brewery tours are a good idea. Check with local restaurants, bakeries, breweries, and vineyards to see what they may offer.
- A day of adventure. For bold mothers with an adventurous side give them a memorable experience. You can create small adventures together like trying a new type of cuisine or hiking in a national park. You can also go bigger with adventures like rock climbing or zip lining. Trying something new, outside of your comfort zone, will be exciting for you both.
- A day of crafts. Craft activities would be great for moms who like to work with their hands. Pottery making, glass blowing, jewelry making, wine and painting classes are fun; plus, you’ll have a memento to remember the occasion. For moms that like to bake you could try cake-decorating classes, and for moms who love mixed drinks, consider enrolling in a mixology class together.
- A day of learning new things. Make Mother’s Day a day of learning for you both. You may even find a new hobby that you can both enjoy in the future. You can try exciting new experiences like racecar driving lessons or guitar lessons for moms that love music. Comedy and acting classes could also be great for moms with a funny, dramatic side.