Get a Head Start on Mother’s Day Gifts
May 8, 2014
Since 1914, American children have taken one special day out of the year to honor their mothers. This May 11th millions of flowers and cards will be delivered to over 85 million mothers in the U.S. If you’re thinking about going above and beyond a bouquet and greeting card this year, take a look at these Mindful Mother’s Day gift ideas:
- For the Eco-Conscious. If your mother is adamant about protecting the environment consider giving her an eco-conscious perfume. Pacifica has fragrances like French Lilac, Mediterranean Fig, and Island Vanilla. Also, consider sustainable jewelry like the earrings and bracelets offered from the Leakey Collection.
- For the Green Thumbs. If your mom prefers spending her free time in the garden then consider giving her a unique wind chime or hummingbird feeder. An exotic plant is also a great idea. ProPlants can deliver different types of orchids, tropical bromeliads, and terrariums to your mom.
- For Relaxation Enthusiasts. Some moms just need a little time to themselves. So for Mother’s Day consider buying a gift certificate to a local spa for a day of pampering. You can also buy a kit so that your mom can relax within her own home. EO and Bath and Body Works offer spa baskets and products.
- For the Food Fans. If food is the way to your mom’s heart, try a unique treat. Buying an edible bouquet of fruit from Edible Arrangements or making your own cake pop arrangement would be a great surprise. If your mom prefers to be the one cooking, try a fun apron like this one, which functions as a cooking guide too.
- For the Gizmo Mom. You can never go wrong with an awesome gadget for a gift. If your mother loves to read consider giving her a B&N Nook Color. If she loves capturing memories consider giving her a new camera.
- For the Mother-to-be. Moms-to-be usually receive a lot of gifts for the baby, but what about them? If you have a pregnant friend, consider giving them a gift in honor of Mother’s Day. A humorous pregnancy journal, prenatal massage or a maternity photo shoot may be just the thing they need to brighten their day.
Tags: gift ideas, mindful living, mindfulness, mothers day, mothers day celebration, mothers day gifts