Positive Affirmations Key to a Healthy Life and Mindful Living
June 16, 2013
Studies show that optimism can affect your health and how long you life. Repeating positive affirmations throughout your day actually reduces stress and creates health.
A study at the University of California, Los Angeles shows that students that repeat a positive affirmation when they are stressed actually produce less stress hormones. When a person repeats a positive affirmation that affirms a value they believe, the person experiences less stress and creates greater health.
You can decrease your negative stress, help improve your immune response, and develop better coping skills by creating your own positive affirmation to say when during your busy stressful days.
- If you are religious or spiritual repeat some form of scripture or saying you like that makes you feel calm and happy.
- Some examples of positive affirmations:
- I am in control;
- I am protected and guided;
- Everything is as it should be; and
- I am grateful for my life.