“Experiences” Make Great Father’s Day Gifts
June 12, 2018
Father’s Day is right around the corner. This year go beyond a greeting card and try Father’s Day activities instead–they make great Father’s Day gifts. Plus, you’ll give your father an experience to remember.
Experience Gifts for Dad
- A day of relaxation. Looking for things to do with dad on Father’s Day? Some dads want to do absolutely nothing, just stay at home and relax. If you have a dad like this, we have some ideas for you. Make the day special with a few of their favorite movies and take-out like pizza. Buy a heated massage pad so he can turn his favorite chair into a massage chair. Pull out old photo albums and reminisce together—your father will no doubt have lots of stories that he’s dying to share.
- A tasty treat. Many people celebrate Father’s Day with a family meal in a nice restaurant. This year let’s try something different. You can make your own meals for Father’s Day with gourmet hot dog recipes or a grill/barbecue recipe. Does your dad like a good drink? Check with local breweries and vineyards to see if they offer Father’s Day tours. Your dad will love it!
- A day of crafts. Does your dad like to work with his hands? Consider doing a craft project together. Woodcarving, glassblowing, metalworking, and leather crafting classes are fun; plus, you’ll have a memento to remember the occasion. For dads who are kings of the grill, try a grilling class—they can learn new grilling techniques and recipes.
- A day of adventure. An adventure with dad would take a lot of pre-planning but it would definitely be worth it. You could go on a small vacation or enjoy the great outdoors together. For instance, plan a weekend road trip together and go hiking in a national park. You can camp under the stars and go fishing too. It will be a time to remember.
- A day of new experiences. Does your father have a Mindful bucket list? Maybe you can spend Father’s Day helping your dad mark a few things off of his list. If he doesn’t have a bucket list of any kind, consider coming up with a few ideas together. In the future, you and your dad can accomplish these goals together. It’ll be a great bonding opportunity.